1911 TEAM WON BASKETBALL

Barely Defeated Freshmen, 19 to 16.--Seniors and Juniors Play at 3.

The Sophomores defeated the Freshmen in the first game of the interclass basketball series yesterday afternoon by the score of 19 to 16. From the start the game was close and hard-fought. The Sophomores showed better team-play, but were often unable to score on account of poor goal throwing. Webber did the best work for the Sophomores, his playing being at all times hard and fast. For the Freshmen Stebbins excelled, making seven goals from fouls. The playing of the 1911 team in the second half was better than in the first, the score at the end of the first half being only 4 to 3 in their favor.

The summary follows: 1911.  1912. Case, Wellman, Angell, l.f.  r.f., Rouillard Miller, r.f.  l.f., Davidson, Kaemmerling, Power Wellman, Moody, Newton, Hann, c.  c., Stebbins Webber, l.g.  r.g., Fernald, Boyd Dow, r.g.  l.g., Knapp

Score--1911, 19; 1912, 16. Goals from floor--Dow 2, Miller 2. Boyd, Case, Davidson, Moody, Rouillard, Stebbins, Webber, Wellman. Fouls called--on 1911, 12; on 1912, 6. Goals from fouls--Stebbins 7, Miller 3, Davidson. Referee--E. S. Allen '09. Umpire--E. S. Currie '09. Timekeeper--H. Goepper '09.

The second game of the series will be played between the Juniors and the Seniors in the Gymnasium this afternoon at 3 o'clock. The Senior team is the heavier but the individual play of the Juniors is superior, and the game should therefore be close.

The line-up follows: 1909.  1910. Dwelley, l.f.  r.f., Sheehan Dana, r.f.  l.f., McDonald Dial, c.  c., Leonard Ver Wiebe, l.g.  r.g., O'Flaherty White, r.g.  l.g., Jordan