TRIALS FOR PASTEUR MEDAL

In Upper Dane at 7.30.-Subject: "The Policy of France and Morocco."

The first trials for the Pasteur Medal will be held this evening in Upper Dane, beginning at 7.30 o'clock. Each contestant will speak for five minutes on "The Policy of France and Morocco"; and six men will be retained for the final contest on January 14. The trials will be open to all members of the University, although only undergraduates will be allowed to compete.

The use of notes will be permitted, but men must not read their speeches. The judges will be M. Allard of the French Department, Professor R. M. Johnston, M. C. Leckner '07, J. S. Davis 1G., and a representative to be appointed by the Cercle Francais. The names of the contestants with the times assigned to those who have applied have been posted on the door of Dane Hall. All others wishing to compete and men who have not applied for times to speak should sign at once, as the first to apply will receive the earliest hours. M. Tardieu's "La Conference D'Algesiras" has been reserved in the Gore Hall reading room for the use of the contestants.

A change has been made this year in the conditions governing the award of the Pasteur Medal. Instead of taking part in a debate, the men in the final contest will be permitted to treat any phase of the subject. In making the award, the judges will take into consideration not only logic and clear presentation but also the general knowledge, manner of delivery, and literary style of the speakers.