FINANCIAL REFORM.

Before the Athletic Committee meets again the CRIMSON wishes once more to emphasize the necessity for some radical changes in the method of financing our teams. At the time of the publication of the report of the Graduate Treasurer of Athletics we stated that from the figures of the report it is very evident that the self-support rule for minor teams is practically a dead letter; but that its evil effects are still as great as ever. We are thoroughly tired of being dunned for subscriptions, when the Athletic Association has an enormous yearly surplus beyond the reach of the minor managers. No one will attempt to defend subscription soliciting, either as a method of financing teams or as a competition. Nor is there a single good side to the commercial policy that is being so effectually forced upon our managers. What we all want is a blanket ticket for all but the most important games on every Harvard schedule; an absolute abolition of subscriptions; and support for all teams from the general fund.

The University expects a reform and looks to the Committee for some definite action.