Nominating Committee for New Council

At a meeting last evening of the undergraduate committee, which was appointed by the class presidents at the request of the Athletic Committee, the following committee was appointed to nominate candidates for the new Undergraduate Council next autumn: E.P. Currier '09, chairman, F.H. Burr '09, E.C. Bacon '10.

This committee has been appointed in accordance with section B, article 3, of the constitution of the Council, which reads as follows: "Each year at the final meeting of the Council a nominating committee of three, including the chairman, shall be appointed by the president; this committee shall publish on the first Monday after the opening of College in the following autumn a list of nominations for the delegates at large from each of the three upper classes (not more than six from each class to be nominated). Additional nominations for delegates from any one class may be made by petition of 50 members of that class. Such petitions must reach the nominating committee before 6 P.M. of Friday of that week."

In the absence of a president of the Council the undergraduate committee appointed the above nominating committee. Hereafter the appointment will be made according to the constitutional provision.