Award of Academic Prizes

Academic prizes for the current year have been awarded as follows:

The Toppan prize of $150 has been awarded to M. W. Hemmeon 3G., for a theis entitled "Buragage Tenure in Mediaeval England."

The Sargent prize of $100 has been awarded to E. E. Hunt '10 for the best metrical translation of the seventh ode of the fourth book of Horace.

The Sales prize of $45 has been awarded to C. O. McMahon '09, for a translation into Spanish of a passage from Prescott's "Philip the Second."

The Philip Washburn prize of $75 has been awarded to C. M. Rogerson '09, for a thesis on "Queen Elizabeth and the Huguenots."

The Sumner prize of $100 has been awarded to C. Benton 1G., for an essay on "The Contributions of the South American Republics to the International Peace Movement."

The Bennet prize of $40 has been awerded to T. K. Gilbson '08, for an eassay entitled "The Paper and Pulp Industry of America."

The committee on the award of the Billings prize assigned a second prize of $40 to W. S. Archibald 3Dv., and two third prizes, of $30 each to J. P. Faulkner 3Dv., and P. S. Phalen 3Dv.

The Ricardo prize scholarship of $350 has been awarded to J. S. Davis '08.