Class Tennis Tournament Unfinished

Seven of the nine matches in the last round of the interclass tennis tournament were played yesterday afternoon between the Sophomores and the Seniors. Of these the Sophomores won three and the Seniors two, two singles matches being called on account of darkness at the end of the second-set. The unexpected strength of the 1911 team was shown in the singles between Niles and Sweetser, Dana and F. F. A. Pearson, and Fraser-Campbell and Dabney, and in the doubles between Dabney and Niles and Sweetser and Fraser-Campbell. The Sophomores were victorious in the last two of these matches and stand a good chance of winning the first two, which are to be finished today. The tournament will be completed on Jarvis Field this afternoon, the singles beginning at 2 and the doubles at 3.30 o'clock.

Yesterday's results follow:

Singles--W. B. Fraser-Campbell '11 beat A. S. Dabney '09, 7-5, 0-6, 6-0; E. M. Act '11 beat E. M. B. Roche '09, 6-4, 7-5; N. W. Niles '09 vs. A. Sweetser, '11, 6-2, 9-9 (to be finished today); E. T. Dana '09 vs. F. F. A. Pearson '11; 6-4, 6-8 (to be finished today); doubles--W. B. Fraser-Campbell '11 and A. Sweetser '11 beat N. W. Niles '09 and A. S. Dabney '09, 8-6, 6-8, 8-6; E. P. Pearson '09 and E. T. Dana '09 beat F. F. A. Pearson '11 and H. Nickerson '11, 6-2, 1-6, 6-1.

The following matches will be played today:

Singles--R. H. Eggleston, Jr., '09 vs. G. W. Chase '11; doubles--R. H. Eggleston, Jr., '09 and E. M. B. Roche '09 vs. E. M. Ach '11 and G. W. Chase '11.