FORMAL DEDICATION TODAY

Of New Dental School Building.--Banquet by Administrative Board.

The final dedication ceremonies of the new building of the Harvard Dental-School on Longwood avenue, Boston, will be held today in the new building, at Sanders Theatre, and the Hotel Somerset. Yesterday the building was open for public inspection from 9 to 1 o'clock. In the afternoon the Officers of Instruction and Government of Harvard College received a number of invited guests at tea and in the evening the same committee held a reception to all men registered in the University.

The ceremonies today will begin at 9 o'clock, when the new building will again be open to the public for inspection until 1 o'clock. At 2.15 o'clock the President and Fellows, overseers, Faculties, and their officers will meet the delegates from other institutions and other invited guests in Memorial Hall, whence they will be escorted to Sanders Theatre. A coat-room will be provided in Memorial Hall for all delegates and others entering Sanders Theatre from the Hall. Academic dress will be worn. The doors of Sanders Theatre will be opened at 1.45 o'clock and seats will be reserved for ticket holders until 2.15 o'clock when the public will be admitted without tickets. Several tickets to these exercises still remain in the hands of the Dean of the Harvard Dental School, Longwood avenue, Boston, and may be had upon application.

Promptly at 2.30 o'clock the President and Fellows, Overseers and other invited guests will take seats on the platform. The Alumni Chorus of the Dental School, consisting of 36 voices, will be present and render three selections during the exercises. The members of the Medical and Dental Schools will sit together in the orchestra.

The program of the dedicatory exercises is as follows: "The Heavens Proclaim Him" by the Alumni Chorus; Prayer by Francis G. Peabody '69, A.M., D.D., LL.D.; Address, by Eugene H. Smith '74, D.M.D., Dean of the Dental School; Address, by Henry A. Christian '03, A.M., M.D., Dean of the Medical School; "Unfold Ye Portals," by the Alumni Chorus; Address, by George V. I. Brown, D.D.S., M.D., of the University of Iowa; Address by president Eliot; Mr. C. A. Coolidge '81, representing the firm of Shepley, Rutan and Coolidge, architects of the new building, will turn over the keys to President Lowell, who will make a brief address of acceptance: "Loyal Song," by the Alumni Chorus; Benediction, by William W. Fenn '84, A.M., D.D., Dean of the Divinity School.

The Administrative Board of the Dental School will conclude the two days of dedication by a banquet to 200 specially invited guests at the Hotel Somerset, Boston, this evening at 7 o'clock. Guests will assemble in the Library of the hotel at 6.45 o'clock. The Alumni Chorus will be present and sing several pieces during the evening. Following the banquet, speeches will be made by President Eliot, President Lowell, Dean Fenn, Dr. G. V. I. Brown, Dr. G. H. Monks '75, Dr. Eugene H. Smith '00, Dr. W. H. Potter '78, and Dr. C. A. Brackett '73.