1910 DANCE GREAT SUCCESS

Effective Decorations at Well Attended Event in Union Last Evening.

The fourth annual Junior dance, given last night by the class of 1910, proved a great success, and was attended by about 400 persons. Dancing began at 9 o'clock, after a half-hour's overture by the orchestra, and continued until 4. Including the extras, there were 24 dances on the cards, of which about two-thirds were waltzes and the remainder two-steps. Supper was served in the Dining Room after the thirteenth dance.

As at last year's event, no additional ornaments were placed in the Living Room, where the dancing was held, other than a large 1910 banner. The receiving party stood in the south-west corner of the room. The lobby like the Living Room, where not extensively decorated, the only ornaments being laurel festoons draped from the lights and potted palms here and there. The decorations in the rooms on the west wing and the Dining Room, in all of which boxes were located, were carefully planned. As a central lighting fixture in each room was a large gilt sunburst lighted with frosted and red electric bulbs. From these were festooned strings of greens or illuminated Japanese lanterns, while through the boxes, which were partitioned off by screens and palms, soft red or green lights were suffused. The boxes were made attractive with a profusion of sofas, chairs, pillows, and rugs, with potted plants and flowers in every corner. The Game and Writing Rooms were strung with lines of national and yachting flags.

Everywhere was to be seen evidence of the activity and good taste of the committee in charge and of the efforts of the Union employees. The dance was organized and conducted by the following committee: E. C. Bacon, chairman, G. G. Browne, J. R. Coolidge, 3rd, D. Crocker, C. Loring, G. W. Martin, T. J. Newbold, C. D. Osborne, W. B. Parsons, Jr., J. E. Thayer, Jr.