LOWELL'S INAUGURATION

To be Held in October.--Committee Appointed to Make Arrangements.

The inauguration of Abbott Lawrence Lowell '77 as President of the University will occur sometime in October the exact date not having been set. T. N. Perkins '91, Fellow of Harvard College, has been appointed Chief Marshal of the ceremonies attending the inauguration.

The following committee has been appointed to make the necessary arrangements for the inaugural ceremonies: On the part of the President and Fellows:--C. F. Adams, 2nd, '88, H. L. Higginson '55, H. P. Walcott '58. On the part of the Board of Overseers:--F. R. Appleton '75, F. P. Fish '75, J. C. Warren '63. On the part of the Faculties of the University:--J. B. Ames '68, Le B. R. Briggs '75, H. A. Christian, A.M. '03, W. W. Fenn '84, E. F. Gay, C. H. Haskins, h. '08, B. S. Hurlbut, '87, W. C. Sabine, A.M. '88, E. H. Smith '74. The chief marshal:--T. N. Perkins '91. The University marshal:--M. H. Morgan '81. The Secretary to the Corporation:--J. D. Greene '96. The General Secretary of the Alumni Association:--E. H. Wells '97.