SLY SENIORS ON A SPREE

Swimming and Several Silly Sports Seduce Senior Students Seawards.

This morning at the mystic hour of 8 o'clock the Seniors will gather in front of Holworthy Hall to go on their annual picnic. In spite of the protests of many years the morning will be made hideous by the blowing of horns and other instruments of torture, and everyone in Cambridge will know that the Seniors are off on a tear. While decent people are trying in vain to sleep, the members of the class of 1909 will receive a mug and a horn from the window of Holworthy 9, and will have their picture taken under the classic elms. Something in the nature of a parade will then take place with Kanrich and his band of tune-butchers in the lead, and by the time the Seniors leave for Boston, many enemies will be made.

At Commercial wharf, the Seniors will board the old King Fillup, that hoary veteran of many a picnic, and proceed to Nantasket where the great festival will take place. Various sorts of athletic sports will be indulged in; baseball, track and swimming teams will disport themselves, and the thirsty ones will attend to their own divers business. A special feature this year will be the presence of a number of gentlemen of color, who will endeavor to dodge any missiles which the Seniors may wish to throw. A hearty feast of sea-food and fruits in season will be then consumed by the ravenous picnic party, who will finally wind their way back to Cambridge sadder but wiser men.