Outline of Plans for Football Team

At the meeting for football candidates held in the Assembly Room of the Union last evening, Coach Haughton '99, Captain Fish and Mr. W. Reid '01, outlined the work for the summer and spoke of the prospects for next year.

Captain Fish showed the importance of constant exercise during the summer to develop speed and strength. Fall practice will start on September 15, and all candidates who return then can eat at the Varsity Club. Mr. Reid then spoke and explained the value of athletic victories in keeping up the reputation of the University in the West. Every candidate must work his utmost for the good of the team and of the University; unselfishness is absolutely necessary and complete harmony is of vital importance. Mr. Reid then praised Mr. Haughton for his devotion in coaching the team again after winning his laurels in the victory over Yale last fall. Mr. Haughton demanded that every candidate for the team pass his examinations without fail, for the opportunity to make the University team comes but once to any man. Moreover, every candidate must report for practice on the first day.