Yale Unable to Score on Vanderbilt

Yale and Vanderbilt played a tie game Saturday at New Haven, neither side being able to score. Throughout the game Vanderbilt showed more power than Yale in rushing, but this advantage was offset by the excellent punting of Deming.

In the first period neither team could gain consistently and both resorted to a kicking game. Yale had a chance to score when Paul recovered a kick on Vanderbilt's 25-yard line. Daly's attempt at a goal from the field, however, fell short. Again in the second period, when Yale got the ball to Vanderbilt's 21-yard line by the aid of a forward pass, Daly failed to send the ball between the posts.

Yale succeeded during the third period in rushing the ball to its opponents' 1-yard line, but Morrison of Vanderbilt secured the ball on the next play, cutting off Yale's best chance to score. Philbin caught the punt-out on the 25-yard line, and Daly made a third unsuccessful attempt at a field-goal. Yale began the fourth period by rushing the ball to Vanderbilt's 6-yard line, but was held for downs at this point. Vanderbilt then started carrying the ball through the Yale line for long gains, and with the aid of a forward pass which netted 25 yards, brought the ball to the middle of the field. Two penalties of 15 yards each prevented them from advancing into Yale's territory, and the game ended with the ball in Vanderbilt's possession on the 25-yard line.