A REALLY GREAT OPPORTUNITY.

This afternoon Mr. Lincoln Steffens will give the first of the most important series of lectures which have perhaps ever been given under the auspices of Harvard. At different times during the winter the undeniably foremost writers and thinkers upon social and economic conditions in the United States will speak upon those particular phases of our development in which they are respectively most deeply interested.

A brief glance at the names of the speakers cannot fail to reveal the significance of these lectures. Mr. Hill, Senator LaFollette, and Mr. Pinchot will be looked back upon as among the most prominent makers of history in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.

The subject which will be treated in these lectures is of compelling importance to present and future citizens, for the United States is confronted with certain problems for whose solution history affords no precedent. This combination of speakers and subject will attract many outsiders, but undergraduates should not take second place in seizing the unique opportunity offered by this series of lectures.