HARVARD RELAY TEAM WON

Brookline Gymnasium Easily Defeated at Providence A. A. A. Meet.

At the second annual indoor track meet of the Armory Athletic Association of Providence last Saturday night, the University relay team, composed of H. Guild '10, G. W. Ryley '10, W. H. Fernald '12, and H. Jaques, Jr., '11, easily defeated the Brookline Gymnasium team. The race was for the middle distance runners, each man running 704 yards. The men ran in the order named, and after the first relay, the succeeding runners for Harvard led by a good margin. The time, 6 minutes, 20 4-5 seconds, was good.

In the handicap 50-yard dash R. C. Foster '11 ran in splendid form, barely losing out to Gram of the B. A. A. for first place in the exceptionally fast time of 5 2-5 seconds. Gram, with 3 feet handicap, succeeded in getting off the mark in the final heat a trifle ahead of Foster, but the latter ended in a characteristically strong sprint. The 50-yard handicap high hurdle race was won by J. K. Lewis '11, with a handicap of 4 feet, in 6 3-5 seconds. J. P. Long '11, running from scratch, finished second. In the 1000-yard run H. M. Warren '13 won second place.