ALL CREWS HAVE LIGHT WORK

Bacon Returns to University Eight.--Waite Strokes First Four.

Harvard Crew Quarters, Red Top, New London, Conn., June 14, 1910.--Light work was the order for all the crews today. In the morning the University eight paddled down to the Navy Yard. Coach Wray was again at 5, as Bacon did not arrive until 1 o'clock. After a tryout of Waite, Smith, and Forster for 2 in the University four, Forster was selected, and the crew paddled down-stream. Waite then went to stroke of the second four with Loring at 3, Smith at 2, and Wiggins at bow. Both fours covered about four miles. In the Freshman eight another change was made, Weston replacing Chadwick at 2. Weston is the stronger of the two men, and if his form continues to improve this shift will probably be permanent. The eight, followed by the Freshman four, also went downstream for a two-mile row.

In the afternoon Bacon was in his old seat at 5, and Waid was at 7. With the return of Bacon the eight becomes intact, and it is likely that this will be the order in which the crew will race Yale. For the afternoon work the new English shell was taken out in place of the Bacon shell. After tomorrow morning's practice, if the new boat comes up to expectations, the old boat will be given to the Freshmen. Another change took place this afternoon in the University fours, Waite taking Sargent's place as stroke of the first four, Sargent going to Waite's place as stroke of the second. Late in the afternoon the Freshman eight and four went out. The eight seemed to be better together than yesterday, although the bow four is still considerably inferior to the stern four. All the crews paddled down to the Navy Yard and back.