University Team Tied Hockey Club

The University hockey team held a practice game with the Boston Hockey Club yesterday afternoon in the Boston Arena, each team scoring twice. Before the game the University forwards and defence were sent down against the second defence, with Chadwick and Gardner alternating at goal. This was to develop more team-play and stick work in the opponent's territory.

As Hornblower received a slight injury in the Cornell game, he did not take part in the scrimmage with the Hockey Club, his place at right centre being taken by Childs. Duncan also was given a lay-off and Pierce was put in at left centre. Palmer, who has just joined the squad, replaced Pierce for the last few minutes of the game.

The Boston Hockey Club was the first to score, Hicks taking the puck along the boards and then passing through the University defence to Townsend, who easily shot the goal. Huntington later scored from a scrimmage after he had brought the puck the length of the rink. The third goal was made by the individual alertness of Hicks, who skated alone through the University defence. Childs made the last score towards the close of the game.

The team as a whole seemed much slower than usual and did not follow back or cover their men at the critical moments. The defence, although they advanced the puck very well, did not body check sufficiently to prevent individual men from scoring. The line-up: UNIVERSITY TEAM.  BOSTON HOCKEY CLUB. Gorham, Houston, l.e.  r.e., Foster Pierce, Palmer, l.c.  r.c., Winsor Childs, r.c.  l.c., Townsend Seamans, Whidden, Pratt, r.e.  l.e., Hicks Huntington, c.p.  c.p., Lovering Foster, Blackall, p.  p., Graustein Chadwick, Gardner, g.  g., Canterbury, Smart

Score--Harvard, 2; Boston Hockey Club, 2. Goals--Huntington, Childs, Hicks, Townsend. Referee--F. J. Goodrich '02, Boston Hockey Club. Timer--J. Elliott '12. Time--35 minutes.