THE MUSICAL CLUBS' WESTERN TRIP.

An unusual opportunity and an unusual responsibility will be given to each of the fifty-two men on the coming Western Trip of the Musical Clubs. The graduates seem eager for the concerts and promise enthusiastic audiences with the same hospitality that was shown two years ago.

But in all this good time, a great responsibility is laid upon the members of the clubs. Every man making the trip is a representative of the University in the cities which he visits. His good conduct will strengthen the position of the University in the minds of those he meets, his poor conduct will weaken its position. Unusual efforts are now being made to attract Western men to Cambridge. Whether those efforts shall be furthered or thwarted by this trip depends on the conduct of individual men on the clubs and the impression they give. Disorder will counteract the testimony of graduates and the work of the Faculty; good behavior will go further to disprove sensational attack on Harvard morals than scores of verbal replies.