1912 Class Song Competition

By T. S. Ross .

The officers of the Junior class have decided upon having a song with original words and music by a member or members of the Class; a song to be sung at gatherings of 1912 next year, and at all reunions in years to come. In the opinion of the committee appointed to run the competition, such a song will be of no small importance toward unifying class interest. In writing either words or music men should strive for simplicity and spirit, remembering that these traits more than any others will prove enduring.

As there are many men who, though poets, are not musicians, it has been decided to accept either words alone or words and music, successful words unaccompanied being set to music by some one selected by the Committee. The words should comprise two verses and chorus of suitable length. Copies of the final selection of the Committee will be published in regular form, another competition being held next fall for the cover design, while both words and music will appear in the Class Album.

The Committee have been chosen as follows: T. S. Ross, chairman; R. C. Benchley, C. D. Clifton, J. G. Gilkey, G. W. Gray, L. D. Smith, R. B. Wigglesworth, R. W. Williams. All competitors should sign their work with fictitious names, real names being enclosed in accompanying envelopes. Contributions must be sent to T. S. Ross, Holworthy 1, on or before October 19, 1911. 1912 CLASS SONG COMMITTEE.