FOOTBALL WITH HOLY CROSS

University Team Will Play Second Game of Schedule at 3 o'clock Today.

The University football team will play its second game of the season when it meets Holy Cross at the Stadium this afternoon at 3 o'clock. It has been seven years since Harvard and Holy Cross last met on the gridiron, when the University team won, 28 to 5.

The University team has seen a few shifts in line-up this week and has had two hard scrimmages, in both of which it has succeeded in scoring, at the same time keeping its own goal line uncrossed. Three positions in today's game will be filled by new men in the first line-up. Storer will start at centre, as Huntington is out of the game for a few days with a bad cold. Rogers will play left tackle in place of Jenckes. He played end on the University team two years ago and combines weight and speed with his experience. Campbell will fill T. H. Frothingham's place at left halfback. The latter has been unable to play for several days on account of a slight injury received in scrimmage. He will be out today, however, ready to play if called on. Potter will start the game at quarterback, as he is now regular first string man in that position.

Holy Cross has played two games this season, defeating Boston College, 13 to 0, and losing to Yale, 26 to 0. The team is fast and excellent in defensive play, holding Yale to a standstill in two of the periods of the game at New Haven last Saturday.

The line-ups: HARVARD,  HOLY CROSS. Felton, l.e.  r.e., Metivier Rogers, l.t.  r.t., Tobin Keays, l.g.  r.g., Davitt Storer, c.  c., Monahan Fisher, r.g.  l.g., Collins Gardiner, r.t.  l.t., Ostergren Smith, r.e.  l.e., McCabe Potter, q.b.  q.b., Whelan Campbell, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Joy Wendell, r.h.b.  l.t.h., O'Brien Morrison, f.b.  f.b., Gibson

Officials: Referee, W. A. Burke, W. P. I.; Umpire, H. L. Dadmun, W. P. I.; Field Judge, N. Tufts, Brown; Head Linesman, A. F. Noble, Dartmouth.

Short Practice Yesterday Afternoon.

Yesterday's practice for the University team was short. The men were given light dummy scrimmage, signal drill, and practice in kicking off. The ground was in excellent condition and the practice was very fast.

Short Practice Yesterday Afternoon.