FIRST LEAGUE GAME LOST

University Soccer Team Defeated by Haverford in Decisive Game, 4 to 0.

The University association football team lost to Haverford on Soldiers Field Saturday afternoon by the score of 4 to 0 in the first league match of the season.

During the greater part of the first half the playing shifted from one end of the field to the other, the skillful work of both goal tenders blocking all attempts at either goal. The first score was made on a shot from scrimmage by Elkinton. Chadwick, in attempting to block, kicked under the ball and it rolled in.

During the first twenty minutes of the second half Haverford's goal was threatened twice, by Winston and Eaton, but without success. The next two points were made by Downing within three minutes of each other. Later Elkinton scored on a 15-yard kick. The summary: HARVARD.  HAVERFORD. Swan, l.o.f.  r.o.f., Thomas Seamans, l.i.f.  r.i.f., Elkinton Winston, c.f.  c.f., Downing Green, r.i.f.  l.i.f., Stokes Needham, r.o.f.  l.o.f., Bently Morriss, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Taylor Eaton, c.h.b.  c.h.b., Young Richard, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Smith Hallowell, l.f.b.  r.f.b., Tostenson Barron, r.f.b.  l.f.b., Hartshorne Chadwick, g.  g., Murray

Score--Haverford, 4; Harvard, 0. Goals--Downing 2, Elkinton 2. Referee--W. Hawksley. Linesmen--W. H. Baldwin, 3d, '13, Reynolds. Time of halves--45 minutes.