FREE MEDICAL LECTURES

TO BE GIVEN ON SUNDAY AFTERNOONS FROM JANUARY 7 TO MAY 5, INCLUSIVE.

The Faculty of Medicine of the University offers this year, as last, a course of free public lectures, to be given at the Medical School, Longwood avenue, Boston, on Sunday afternoons at 4 o'clock. The series extends from next Sunday to May 5, inclusive. The doors will be closed at five minutes past the hour. The subjects and dates of the lectures are as follows:

January 7.--"Catching Cold, et cetera." Dr. F. C. Shattuck '68.

January 14.--"Feeding of Infants." Dr. J. L. Morse '87.

January 21.--"The Care of the Eyes." Dr. Myles Standish M.'79.

January 28.--"A Medical Expedition to West Africa." Dr. S. B. Wolbach M.'03.

February 4.--"Syphilitic Heredity." Dr. Abner Post M.'70.

February 11.--"The Mental Life in the Light of Modern Efforts to Map the Brain." Dr. E. E. Southard '97.

February 18.--"The Human Face." Dr. C. S. Minot P.'78.

February 25.--"The Effect of Posture upon the General Efficiency of the Human Being." Dr. J. E. Goldthwait M.'90.

March 3.--"The Care and Training of Children." Dr. C. P. Putnam '65.

March 10.--"Conservation, not Destruction, the Chief Object of Surgical Endeavor." Dr. M. H. Richardson '73.

March 17.--"Possibilities of Infection of the Skin in Public Places." Dr. C. J. White '90.

March 24.--"Some Causes of Backache." Dr. E. H. Bradford '69.

March 31.--"The Massachusetts System of Medico-legal Inquiry." Dr. G. B. Magrath '94.

April 7.--"Certain Topics in the Hygiene of Women." (To women only.) Dr. C. M. Green '74.

April 14.--"The Sexual Instinct--Its Abuse and Control." (To men only.) Dr. E. H. Nichols '86.

April 21.--"Fractures, Sprains and Minor Injuries: Diagnosis and Treatment." (Illustrated by lantern slides.) Dr. J. B. Blake '87.

April 28.--"Some Forms of Mental Disease and the Methods Now Employed in Their Treatment." Dr. G. T. Tuttle M.'78.

May 5.--"The Prevention of Unnecessary Noise." Dr. C. J. Blake M.'65.