TAFT PARADE AND RALLY

Harvard Taft Club Will Hold Mass Meeting in Brattle Hall Preceded by a Torchlight Procession.

The Harvard Taft Club will hold a rally at Brattle Hall tomorrow evening at 8 o'clock for which the services of Samuel J. Elder and A. A. Berle '91 as speakers have been secured. Mr. Elder is one of the leading members of the Boston Bar. He was a member of the Massachusetts House of Representatives in 1885 and a delegate to the Republican National Convention at Chicago in 1908. In 1910 he was one of the senior counsel for the United States before the Hague tribunal in the Newfoundland Fisheries Case, upon which he spoke at the Harvard Union last year. He is now president of the Republican Club of Massachusetts. Mr. Berle is one of the best known political speakers in New England.

Before the Brattle Hall rally the Harvard Taft Club will march in a torchlight procession through the streets of Cambridge led by the Cambridge Band. All students, whether members of the club or not, are invited to join in the procession, which leaves Harvard square at 7 o'clock.

The recently chosen officers of the Taft Club are: president, S. M. Rinaker 3L., who succeeds C. E. Hughes, Jr.; vice-president, S. M. Seymour '13; secretary, L. Powers 2L.; treasurer, J. Heron 3L.; assistant treasurer, E. L. Wheaton '13. The Harvard Taft Club, which has a membership of over one thousand, is co-operating with the Massachusetts State Republican Committee. Meetings at which Harvard men will speak will be held during the next week at Newburyport, Beverly, Gloucester, Peabody, Newton, and elsewhere. The club is also assisting in the formation of similar clubs in many Massachusetts towns.