STUDENT COUNCIL DATE-BOOK.

A recent communication published in the CRIMSON again calls attention to the Date-Book kept under the supervision of the Student Council Committee on Organizations. As the writer stated, it is a public calendar of coming events in the University which at the same time endeavors to arrange the dates of these events in such a way as to avoid conflicts.

The first essential to its success, however, is the co-operation of those persons who have charge of the various important events of the University. Last week there occurred an unfortunate conflict between the Union lecture and the Whiting recital, both of which appealed to a large number of men. This case may have been and probably was excusable. It is a fact, however, that there have been instances in the past when such conflicts could have been avoided by co-operation with those in charge of the Date-Book. We call attention to this in order that the importance of the Date-Book may not be overlooked and in the hope that future conflicts may as far as possible be avoided.