FINAL MASS MEETING.

At the mass meeting held last week and also at the game Saturday the Harvard singing was disappointing. It lacked snap and spirit. That few knew the words of the old songs tried was shown by the failure to begin at the proper time and the tendency to hum rather than pronounce the words. If the singing is to be at all satisfactory, these defects must be remedied and this can be done only by practice. To learn the words of the old songs would not require an extraordinary mental exertion and would make the concerted singing much more effective. Furthermore, all should enter into the songs as though they wanted the opposite stands to hear them, and should strive by attention to the leader to begin on the proper note and to enunciate the words clearly so that those on the other side of the field will not only hear, but know, what they are singing. With the Yale game so near at hand, whatever opportunities that are offered for practice, should be readily embraced. Tonight, at the mass meeting, the songs will be practiced carefully, and a shabby attendance means that the singing at New Haven Saturday will be as listless and careless as it has been at the recent games.