SOCCER TEAM DEFEATED

UNIVERSITY TEAM LOST LAST GAME OF FALL SEASON AFTER CLOSE CONTEST.

The University association football team played the ninth and last game of its fall schedule with the Methuen Cricket Club team at Methuen on Saturday. The game was well played and very close, the final score being 2-1 in favor of Methuen. The first half ended with a tie score after Morley's goal for Methuen and a tally for the University on a pretty shot by Needham. The feature of the half was the playing of the goalkeepers, both Hague and Nichols preventing several scores.

In the second half the Methuen team scored again despite strong work by the backs, especially Damon and Rushmore. The form displayed by the University team in the game was much the best of the season, and the showing made against the Methuen men, most of whom had played in England, was creditable to say the least. The University team's opponents were very fast and R. Clark and Wild did some expert individual work.

The summary: HARVARD  METHUEN. Nichols, g.  g., Hague Barron, r.b.  l.b., Wild Rushmore, l.b.  r.b., P. Clark McCall, r.h.b.  l.h.b., A Tart Francke, c.h.b.  c.h.b., Hoyle Hudner, l.h.b.  r.h.b., McCluskey Needham, r.o.f.  l.o.f., Berube S. T. Hopkins, r.i.f.  l.i.f., Hill Steele, c.f.  c.f., Morley Carnochan, l.i.f.  r.i.f., T. Tart West, l.o.f.  r.o.f., R. Clark

Score--Harvard 1, Methuen 2. Goals--Morley, Hill, Needham. Referee -- P. Darcy

Freshman Team Lost to Worcester.

The Freshman association football team was defeated by the Worcester Academy eleven in the final game of the season at Worcester Saturday. The final score was 5-0. Lack of team-work by the Freshman was responsible for the defeat.

The Freshman line-up: g., McLaughlin; r.b., Whistler; l.b., Dean; r.h.b., Bigelow; c.h.b., Metcalf; l.h.b., De Camp; r.o.f., McKinley; r.i.f., Talbot; c.f., Wood; l.i.f., Busk; l.o.f., Hughes.

Freshman Team Lost to Worcester.