THE 1912 HOCKEY TEAM.

On Saturday evening, the 1912 hockey team finished one of the most successful seasons in the history of the sport at Harvard. Captain Huntington's team won the Yale series, tied the Intercollegiate League champions, and won decisively from the seven which has since been declared the Intercollegiate champions of Canada. We doubt if any Harvard hockey team has had a like record.

To the members of the squad who have worked hard to bring the season to a successful end, the CRIMSON takes this opportunity to offer its heartiest congratulations. We believe we express a strong undergraduate sentiment when we say that this year hockey has taken tremendous strides in the athletic interest of Harvard men about Boston. For this reason the outcome on Saturday was all the more gratifying.

No comment on this year's team would be complete without at least a word in commendation of Coach Winsor's services. Few outside of those who have followed amateur hockey at the Arena for the past two years, realize how much Winsor has done to make the Canadian sport popular in this part of the country. As a coach he stands head and shoulders above any other one man in "the States". In the many years he has coached Harvard hockey teams, his seven has either won the Intercollegiate Championship or finished second. Few Harvard coaches in any sport could say as much.

With such a man at the head of Harvard hockey affairs, and with the opportunities which the Arena now offers, we look to see even greater development in the Canadian sport at Harvard during the next few years.