SWIMMING AS A MINOR SPORT.

We print on another page a short synopsis of the past swimming season. We are glad to see that the efforts of the few men interested in the revival of the sport and its ultimate recognition by the Athletic Association have been rewarded by a most successful season. With the opening of the Cambridge Y. M. C. A. tank and the discovery of material well above the average, it seems to us that the next logical step is the consideration of swimming as a regular minor sport. The results of the past season have shown that a large number of candidates would come out, and that Harvard has the material with which to form a representative team. These two facts should weigh heavily in deciding upon the recognition of swimming.

But if the move is to be made at all, we hope that it will be made soon. If we are to have meets with college teams next season, the recognition must come before Christmas. In order that a whole season may not be lost, for the men interested in swimming, we urge the Athletic Association to give the matter its attention within the present year.