WRESTLING PRELIMINARIES

Competition to be Held in Seven Classes This Afternoon at 4.30.

The preliminary bouts for the University wrestling championships will take place in the wrestling room of the Hemenway Gymnasium this afternoon at 4.30 o'clock. Competition will be held in the following seven classes, three pounds over-weight being allowed in each class 115, 125, 135, 145, 158, and 175 pounds, and heavy-weight. There is no entrance fee. Entries may be made in the Wrestling Room of the Gymnasium up to 4.30 o'clock this afternoon. Two men will be retained in each of the seven classes, who will wrestle for the championships tomorrow evening at 8 o'clock. Cups will be awarded the winners in each class.

From the results of the championship bouts seven men will be selected to represent the Wrestling Association in an exhibition meet which will be held with a team of men from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the Hemenway Gymnasium Friday evening. Bouts will take place in the following classes: 125 pounds, 145 pounds, 158 pounds (two bouts), and heavy-weight (two bouts).

The wrestling season will close with the New England A. A. U. championships, which will be held at the Boston Y. M. C. A. on either April 10 or 13.