FRESHMEN, 5; ST. MARK'S, 3

Close Game Featured by Excellent Work of Both Pitchers.-Freshmen Scored Four Runs in Fifth inning.

In a close and exciting game Saturday afternoon the Harvard Freshman base-ball team defeated St. Mark's School at Southboro by the score of 5 to 3. For the first four innings neither side was able to score; but in the first half of the fifth, a base on balls, a sacrifice hit, a batter hit by a pitched ball, and two singles netted four runs for the Freshmen. In the last of the sixth St. Mark's secured two runs. The Freshmen started off their half of the eighth with one run, but the side was retired before any more runs could be sent over the plate. St. Mark's also scored once in their half of the inning, and it was only due to Watson's good pitching that they did not get any more runs. The Freshmen secured seven hits while St. Mark's only obtained four, but these four were all timely. The pitching of Watson and Armour was easily the feature of the game, the former being credited with 14 strikeouts and the latter with 13. Taylor for St. Mark's and Gannett for the Freshmen each made two safe hits. The batting orders: HARVARD 1915  ST.MARK'S deWindt, s.s  c.f., Pinchard Winsor, 2b.  r.f., Horne, Ames Gannett, r.f.  c., Taylor West, lb.  s.s., Ervin Alsop, l.f.  lb., Graham Winlock, c.f.  l.f., Whitlock Phillips, 3b  3b., Phillips Choate, c.  2b., Coolidge Watson, p.  p., Armour, McKinlock

Innings,  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  R.  H.  E. Freshmen,  0  0  0  0  4  0  0  1  0  5  7  2 St.Mark's  0  0  0  0  0  2  0  1  0  3  4  4