SOCCER TO BEGIN TODAY

FIRST PRACTICE OF FALL SEASON ON SOLDIERS FIELD THIS AFTERNOON.

The fall season of association football will start this afternoon with a light practice for both the University and Freshman squads on Soldiers Field at 3 o'clock. The early opening of the season is necessitated by the fact that the University team will have a hard schedule of two games a week, in preparation for the game with Princeton, which will take place on the morning of the Harvard-Princeton football game, November 2. Light practice in shooting goals, passing, and in all elementary points of the game will be held regularly for several weeks. As the game of association football is readily picked up, all men who have had any experience in athletics should report. Charles Burgess will coach again this year, and will be assisted by several graduates who will have charge of the Freshmen.

A schedule of games with Andover, teams from various steamship companies, and the Law School is being arranged for the Freshman team. The schedule of the University team will comprise games with many fast professional and club teams.