FIRST SWIMMING MEET

Team Representing University Against Phillips Andover Contains Good Material.

The University swimming team will have its first meet of the year this afternoon when it meets the Phillips Academy team at Andover. As the Andover team has not yet had a try-out, a comparison of the two teams is practically impossible; but judging from the practice meet held last year which the University team won by a small margin, the teams appear to be evenly matched.

The University team will be particularly strong in the 50 and 100-yard dashes. H. R. Hitchcock, Jr., '14 has covered the latter distance in 59 3-5 seconds, which is remarkably good time, and he should experience little difficulty in taking first honors in that event. J. Wentworth '14 has also made good time in the 50-yard dash.

The University team will be more or less handicapped because of the three-year rule, which makes Freshmen ineligible for the team. The Freshmen relay team will race the Andover second team. This team has made faster time in practice races than the University team.

The University entries are as follows: Captain J. G. Macdonough '13, W. J. Ball '13, H. R. Hitchcock, Jr., '14, J. Greenough '15, M. J. Logan '15, D. R. Sigourney '15, E. B. Starbuck '14, and J. Wentworth '14.