REMARKABLE YEAR FOR 2ND TEAM

51 Men Worked on this Year's Squad.--Letter From J. L. Knox '98.

By James L. Knox."

The second University football squad is credited with a most remarkable record for the season just closing. At the beginning of the fall practice there were sixty-two men on the second squad and the long period of grind ended with fifty-one men still reporting for duty. Four of the eleven who did not finish with the second had been taken up onto the University squad, namely, J. L. Bigelow '16, C. C. Felton '16, E. G. Swigert '15, and W. J. Underwood '15. Practically the entire remainder of the men dropped out of the work on account of injuries or studies. With all absences taken into consideration, there was a regular attendance of over 90 per cent, of the members of the squad.

Happenings at the Dinner.

The second team disbanded night before last, celebrating the occasion with a dinner at the Exchange Club. At this farewell festival, Coach R. F. Guild '06 was presented with a silver trophy, Coach E. A. Graustein '13 with a pipe, and the other coaches with different remembrances. In sending his regrets at his enforced absence from the dinner on Thursday night, J. L. Knox '98, who has been scouting at Princeton during the season, says "When I left Cambridge just prior to the Princeton game, I did not have an opportunity to express my appreciation of your loyal efforts in helping to prepare the University for that contest. I therefore now extend to each and every one of you my unqualified expression of gratitude for the aid you gave me in my welcome but difficult task, With reiterated regrets that I cannot be with you, I am.

Yours for a victory Saturday,