ALUMNI BACK OF GYM PROJECT

LARGE UNSOLICITED CONTRIBUTIONS HAVE BEEN OFFERED TO COMMITTEE.

The prospects of a new gymnasium are now beginning to take material and definite shape. The informal graduate committee which has been carrying on the campaign has received several large offers of contributions as soon as definite action has been taken. No attempt has been made to request contributions from the alumni, but all that have come in have been voluntary. H. Fish, Jr., '09, has pledged $5000, to be turned over as soon as President Lowell shall appoint a committee to carry on the work.

Fulfillment of Pledges Desired at Once.

The three upper classes have shown by their pledges that they believe a new gymnasium necessary, and the class of 1917 is soon to be given an opportunity to show its opinion. The committee again requests students to fulfill their pledges immediately, and send their contributions to Lee, Higginson & Co. If this is done at once, it will save the committee a vast amount of clerical work which will otherwise be necessary in securing the contributions. This is positively the last request which will be made for voluntary fulfillment of the pledges.