SNAP AND VIGOR DISPLAYED

Coaches Pleased by Excellent Showing of Hockey Seven, Which Holds B. A. A. to 3 to 0 Score.

The fastest scrimmage of the year for the University hockey team was held against the B. A. A. yesterday in the Arena. It lasted 45 minutes and was won by the latter by the score of 3 to 2. The play of the University team was characterized by a dash and snap lacking in previous practices, and by an exhibition of team play very gratifying to the coaches. The forwards charged well together and shot hard and accurately. The defence was well-balanced and generally managed to break up the B. A. A. attack.

Morgan scored first for the University on a good shot from in front of the goal. Bates scored soon after for the B. A. A. on a pass from Hicks. Rumsey tallied the second point for the University after a pass from Clark and Huntington caged the last two for the B. A. A.

Regular practice for the University team will be held today at 5 o'clock, while the Freshman squad will have its first ice practice in the Arena at 12 o'clock.

The two teams lined up as follows: UNIVERSITY.  B. A. A. Carnochan, g.  g., Canterbury Willetts, p.  p., Foster Claflin, c.p.  c.p. Huntington Morgan, r.w.  l.w., Osgood Phillips, r.c.  l.c., Hicks Wanamaker, l.c.  r.c., Bates Hopkins, l.w.  r.w., Sortwell