INTERSCHOLASTIC TENNIS

Twenty-Third Annual Tournament Begins on Jarvis Field May 10.

The twenty-third annual tournament for the Harvard interscholastic lawn tennis championship in singles will be held on Jarvis Field on Saturday, May 10 and Monday, May 12. The entrance fee is $1 for each person, and the annual dues are $5 for each school. Entries, which must be accompanied by entrance fees and annual dues, will close at 6 P. M. on Friday, May 9; and should be sent to R. Morris, 24 Hampden Hall. The age limit for contestants is 21 years.

Prizes will be given to the winner and the runner-up; and a championship shield to the school winning the greatest number of points, each match counting as one point.

Trials for Tennis Teams Resumed.

The trials for the University and Freshman tennis teams will be resumed this afternoon on the Jarvis Field courts. The matches scheduled in the University trials are as follows: at 3.30 o'clock--R. L. Whitman '14 vs. R. G. Vickery '13, O. Williams '14 vs. W. Faulkner '14, J. C. Devereux '14 vs. S. Minot '13, E. R. Hastings, Jr., '14 vs. G. B. Kayser '14, E. H. Whitney '14 vs. W. M. Washburn '15.

The following matches are scheduled for the Freshman: at 2 o'clock--G. H. Lyman, Jr., vs. C. W. Purdy; at 3.30 o'clock--winner of Purdy-Lyman match vs. W. Campbell, A. S. Peabody vs. L. W. Devereux, J. S. Pfaffman vs. J. Wooldridge, F. S. Hyde vs. A. D. Holmes; at 4.30 o'clock--C. C. Felton vs. W. F. Hunt, A. F. Doty vs. L. Curtis, 2d, A. N. Guimaraes vs. D. Rumsey.