ANNUAL TENNIS TOURNAMENT

Play to Commence in Singles and Doubles Matches Next Week.

The annual tournament for the University tennis championship in singles will commence on the Jarvis and Soldiers Field courts on Monday, September 29. The annual doubles tournaments will commence on Wednesday, October 1. Blue-books for entries from upperclassmen for both tournaments have been placed in Leavitt & Peirce's, and for Freshmen in the Rendezvous. Entries, at 50 cents each in singles must be in before 6. P. M., Saturday; and at $1 a team in doubles must be in before 6 P. M. next Tuesday.

Prizes will be given this year to the winners and runners-up of each tournament. No charge will be made for the use of the courts but contestants must furnish their own balls. Matches will be the best two out of three sets except in the semi-finals and finals when they will be three out of five. A contestant may claim default if his opponent fails to appear within half an hour of the appointed time. Scores must be recorded on the score card at the field before 6 o'clock each day or the winner will be disqualified. No men on probation may compete.