PRIZE FOR BEST COMPOSITION

Conditions of Boott Prize in Music Announced.

The Francis Boott prize of $100 will be awarded to the writer of the best composition in concerted vocal music submitted by any student of the University. The composition shall be for chorus with four voices (soprano, alto, tenor, and bass), with or without solo voices, and with organ or piano accompaniment; the time of the performance is not to exceed six minutes. The words may be either English or Latin, religious or secular.

A prize will be awarded only in case a composition is offered which is considered by the committee to be deserving of one.

The successful composition will be performed in the Appleton Chapel under the direction of Dr. A. T. Davison, organist and choir-master.

The title-page of the composition must bear an assumed name, and the writer must hand in also an envelope containing his true name, bearing his assumed name upon the outside.

All compositions must be handed in or sent to the chairman of the committee, Mr. Arthur Foote '74, at 81 Green street, Brookline, by April 15, 1916.