REGIMENT COMMANDER GAVE DETAILED PLANS

Capt. Cordier and Undergraduate "Non-Coms." Will instruct in Theory and Practice.

In his speech before the members of the Regiment yesterday afternoon, Captain Cordier presented a "rough idea of what is proposed." Unfortunately, he can only devote the time which is not occupied by his office hours, to the Regiment, but he has devised a plan whereby sufficient instruction may be given.

It is planned to form a regiment of two battalions of eight companies each, to be trained as infantry. Infantry training, said Captain Cordier, is the basis of all other military work, and is useful in all arms of the service. The aim will be to train as many men as possible to become, with additional work, good company officers. The more complicated work necessary for higher officers will not be treated. The instruction will be divided into theoretical and practical work. It is hoped that experts in the various arms of the service will talk on their branches and several have already been secured.

The preliminaries of organization will take some time. It will, of course, be impossible for Captain Cordier to personally instruct all, and it is also impossible to obtain regular army men for this work. Therefore students who have had some military training will do the instructing, under the tuition of Captain Cordier. These temporary non-commissioned officers, whose names were announced in the CRIMSON yesterday, will at first, act as squad leaders. Later reglar appointments of company and non-commissioned officers will be made. Any man not at present on the "non-com." list who shows sufficient ability will have a chance to become an officer. This week there will be a "non-com.'s" school under Captain Cordier, which any men, even though not appointed, are welcome to attend. The regular work for the whole Regiment will begin next week. Companies A and B will drill by squads on Monday evenings, C and D on Tuesday evenings, E and F on Wednesdays, and G and H on Thursdays. The "non-com.'s" school will continue on Fridays. Later in the year Captain Cordier hopes to give each company personal instruction, though for the most part the work will be under the student officers. The company rolls will be published in the CRIMSON when arranged, as will the list of officers when these are appointed.

It is hoped that all men in the Regiment will attend the regular course in Military Science to be given by the Uni- versity. Men should also do a lot of outside reading, which should, for the present, be confined to the Infantry Drill Regulations. For the spring outdoor work is planned, simple at first and working up, if possible, to a tactical engagement between the two battalions. There will be tactical walks, probably by companies, topographical study, and minor tactics. Individual effort and team-work is necessary on the part of all.

Temporary "Non-Coms." Met.

At the first meeting of the school for non-commissioned officers held last night Captain Cordier outlined the work which the men must do in preparation for next week. Other meetings will take place in Emerson D this evening, tomorrow, and Friday at 7 o'clock. Any members of the Regiment will be welcome, and all temporary "non-coms." are requested to attend