New English Recruiting Posters Shown in Union

A new set of English recruiting posters has been placed in the periodical room of the Union, continuing the exhibition which began before Christmas. The posters, which are done in vivid colors, depict various scenes, tending to arouse enthusiasm in the English army. One, entitled "What will your answer be?", portrays a small boy questioning his father: "Father, what did you do to help when Britain fought for freedom in 1915?" Another is a picture of an English army cap with the words. "If the cap fits you, join the army today." A third is a quotation from Shakspere, "Stand not upon the order of your going but go at once."

One poster is intended to inspire enthusiasm in British possessions outside of the United Kingdom. An old lion, backed up by its cubs, is resisting attacks. Underneath are the words, "Helped by the Young Lions the Old Lion defies his foes."

Other posters outline the pension system and separation allowances, given to support those left at home. A final broadside quotes the Prime Minister's Guild Hall speech: "We shall not sheathe the sword . . . until the military domination of Prussia is finally destroyed."

This is the second series in the exhibition of English war posters shown through the courtesy of Mr. W. R. Castle, Jr. '00.