SEN. LODGE AT RALLY

MAJOR HIGGINSON TO PRESIDE

United States Senator Henry Cabot Lodge '71 will address the Republican Club at the big pre-election rally to be held in the Living Room of the Union this evening at 8 o'clock. Major Henry Lee Higginson '55 will preside at the meeting and will introduce two other speakers besides Senator Lodge. Robert Luce '82, who was lieutenant-governor of Massachusetts in 1912, and who is the author of the "Luce" laws for primary elections and direct nominations, passed during his long term of service, from 1899 to 1908, in the State Legislature, will be one of these speakers, as will Edward A. Thurston '96L, who is one of the nominees for presidential electorat-large.

After the speech-making at the rally the final plans for the Hughes torchlight parade to be held in Boston on November 3 will be announced. Special uniforms will be provided for the occasion for all men who will march, and the parade will be headed by the Regimental Band of 40 pieces.

Just before the rally tonight all Republicans will assemble in front of University Hall for a parade at 7.15 o'clock, headed by the Regimental Band, which has been especially engaged for the occasion, and lighted by red fire and Roman candles.