YALE PAGEANT SUCCESS

EIGHT THOUSAND TOOK PART

The celebration of the 200th anniversary of the removal of Yale University from Saybrook to New Haven has been carried out by an elaborate program of exercises for the last three days. The initial event was the production of the masque, "Cupid and Psyche," in the art school Friday evening. A formal historical meeting commemorating the moving of the university was held in Battell Chapel on Saturday. The meeting consisted of a sermon by President Hadley, an historical address by Professor Willison Walker and an exchange of greetings between the city and the university.

In the afternoon more than 40,000 people witnessed the brilliant pageant which was the main feature of the anniversary celebration. More than 8,000 persons took part in the spectacle which reproduced the living pictures of some of the most stirring and typical events in the history of Yale University. More than $60,000 was expended in preparing the pageant and thousands of alumni were attracted to New Haven to witness it. A celebration by the people of New Haven on Saturday night and an address by President Hadley from the College pulpit yesterday morning concluded the order of events.