Prince Memorial After End of War.

Communications

(We invite all men in the University to submit communications on subjects of timely interest, but assume no responsibility for sentiments expressed under this head.)

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

I have noticed recently in the Boston newspapers several suggestions concerning the erection of some form of memorial to Norman Prince, who while graduating officially with the class of 1908, was really a member of the class of 1909 throughout his College course.

The question of a memorial has been considered informally but carefully by a number of members of the class and by several of the class officers. I should like to have it known that the concensus of opinion is that action on this matter should be deferred until after the close of the war, at which time it will be eminently proper for the University or the alumni, and perhaps for the individual classes, to create a permanent memorial to the Harvard men who have met their death fighting for whichever cause they believed to be the right one in this great struggle. F. A. HARDING '09.