Military Students Disappointed.

Communication

(We invite all men in the University to submit communications on subjects of timely interest, but assume no responsibility for sentiments expressed under this head.)

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

I sincerely subscribe to the feelings of disappointment and regret expressed by Dr. Fuller at the failure of the University to establish a unit of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps. It is a great pity that the splendid spirit and enthusiasm of last year's Regiment has not been perpetuated in some useful and durable form. There is, however, an aspect of the situation, only indirectly touched upon in Dr. Fuller's communication, which deserves consideration. The 250 students now enrolled in Military Science and Tactics 1 did so because they were assured that their work in the course would count towards a Reserve Officers' Commission. The course was not announced until late; those desiring to take it had to make more or less considerable changes in their schedules; for students of the various Graduate Schools enrolment involved an even more appreciable sacrifice, but rearrangements of schedule and other inconveniences were willingly incurred because of the belief that the work would lead to a Reserve Officers' Commission. In view of these topics, which it has raised, can the University justify its present dilatory methods in establishing a unit of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps? It would seem that the rules of fairness make the answer to this question obvious. G. H. SHAW 2G.