1918 TO HOLD SMOKER

BEGINS AT 8:30

J. M. Franklin '18, president of the Junior Class, will speak on "The Class" at the first 1918 smoker in the Living Room of the Union this evening at 8.30. D. M. Little, Jr., '18, chairman of the Finance Committee, will speak on the class finances, and P. M. Cabot '18, chairman of the Dance Committee, will present the plans for the Junior Dance.

An extremely entertaining "movie" program, consisting of nine reels of first-class films, will be shown. The feature of this "movie" program will be two reels of pictures of the Cornell game which will be explained by H. Robb '18, assistant manager of the University football team. In addition to this, two first-run photoplays will be shown as follows: Anita Stewart in "The Suspect," five reels; Raymond Hitchcock in "The Wonderful Wager," two reels.

Arrangements have been made whereby a very good musical program will be provided by an orchestra and several singers. The usual refreshments, including beer, cider, crackers and cheese will be served, and the class cigarettes will be provided.

The elaborate programs which will be distributed at the smoker are an innovation. In addition to the regular order of the evening's events, they will contain both popular and college songs, and the latest "dope" on the Harvard-Yale game by the foremost football experts.