TRAPSHOOTERS COMPETE

ELIS WON LAST YEAR

The University, Yale, Princeton, Dartmouth and Cornell will compete for the championship in the annual Intercollegiate Trapshoot at New Haven tomorrow morning at 8.30 o'clock. Each university will be represented by a five-man team which will shoot 100 times, bird program.

Of the 25 intercollegiate shoots since 1898, Yale has won 13 first places, while Princeton and the University have each won the championship six times. Last year these shoots were put upon a firm basis by the formation of the Intercollegiate Trapshooting Association, so that hereafter, the shoots will be held each year.

Yale holds the championship at present by winning the shoot last year, which was held at Princeton on October 23, 1915, with a score of 366 out of a possible 500. Cornell secured second place with 361.

The highest score ever made by a team at one of these shoots is held by Princeton with 451, which they made at New Haven last spring. Yale held the record before this with 442, which they made in 1912.

It is expected that Yale will win the intercollegiate this year and second place honors seem to be divided between the University and Princeton. Solid gold watch fobs in the form of clay targets are awarded to the members of the winning team, and in addition, Stanley F. Withe '14, secretary of the Intercollegiate Trapshooting Association, will present a sterling silver cup to the winner of the individual championship.