DISCARDED CLOTHES WANTED

PHILLIPS BROOKS HOUSE TO HOLD ANNUAL FALL COLLECTION NEXT WEEK.

Phillips Brooks House Association will hold its annual fall clothing collection on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of next week, Collectors will go around through the various dormitories on those days to gather up, besides discarded clothing old text books and magazines. A wagon will call for the articles collected on Thursday.

The Social Service Committee of Phillips Brooks House makes three such collections each year with the object of giving students and opportunity to dispose of articles, with which they are through, where they will be most appreciated, and to make it possible to aid many deserving poor. The clothing is carefully sorted, the best of it being reserved for needy students and the rest distributed among recognized charitable institutions.

In the collection taken at this time last fall a great variety of articles, including overcoats, coast, trousers, shoes, etc., were collected in great numbers. Enough was gathered up so that it was possible to answer appeals from such institutions as Tuskegee Institute of Tuskegee, Ala., and the Brewer Normal Institute of Greenwood, S. C.

Text Books Used In Library.

The text-books are put aside in the Loan Library of Phillips Brooks House for the use of students who are working their way through College, The Loan Library at present contains 3,500 books, chiefly French and German readers and grammars, but in the large elementary courses many additional books are needed.

Over 900 pounds of magazines were gathered up last fall and distributed among the various hospitals, jails and other such places in the vicinity of Cambridge and Boston.

The collection this year will be under the direction of L. Higgins '18.