NEW "ALL-EASTERN" PICKED

Christian Science Monitor Gave Wheeler, Casey and Coolidge Positions on Star Team.

Three members of the University football team have been given places on the most recently published "All-Eastern" eleven, that of the Christian Science Monitor, which appeared yesterday afternoon. C. A. Coolidge, Jr., '17, W. H. Wheeler '18 and E. L. Casey '19 were the men picked by that newspaper for left end, right tackle and fullback respectively.

Coolidge is placed on the eleven because of his brilliant work in the Yale game, particularly his handling of forward passes. Although this was his first season as a regular, his development was so rapid that he deserves his place.

Wheeler is put at right tackle because although it was not only his first year on the team but also on the squad, he was unquestionably the best individual player in the University line. He is called one of the best tackles recently developed by Coach Haughton and his work in forcing Yale to take eight downs to score their touchdown against the University is highly commended.

Casey earns his position because of his ability at dodging tacklers coupled with his sensational 70-yard run in the Yale game. He is praised as the only Crimson back who could gain against the Yale line, and although he has no punting ability and is not as fast as some other backs, his way of shaking off tacklers is unequalled by any other Eastern back.

Yale is given two of the other places on the team; Colgate two, and Pittsburg, Princeton, Brown and Pennsylvania one each. The eleven is lined up as follows: Coolidge, l.e.  Harvard West, l.t.  Colgate Hogg, l.g.  Princeton Peck, c.  Pittsburg Black, r.g.  Yale Wheeler, r.t.  Harvard Comerford, r.e.  Yale Anderson, q.  Colgate Berry, l.h.b.  Pennsylvania Pollard, r.h.b.  Brown Casey, f.b.  Harvard