LIGHT PRACTICE FOR UNIVERSITY HOCKEY

Goal Guards Hard Pressed to Stop Shots of Two Sevens in Usual Short Scrimmage.

Shooting and passing practice at the Arena yesterday afternoon was followed by a scrimmage of the usual length between teams A and B, which resulted in a 4 to 2 score in favor of the former.

At the outset, the shooting was a trifle wild, but as time went on, shots became much more accurate, and both Abbot and Wylde had ample opportunity to show their great ability in defending their cages, Abbot, in particular, stopping some very difficult shots.

Team B's forward line was noticeably ragged, the wings lagging too far behind to make any concerted; even rushing possible, so that the defence came through repeatedly without sufficient support to make the rushes effective. In consequence of this, the puck was in Team B's territory the greater part of the time, Thacher and Rice literally running the rubber to that end of the rink.

On the whole, Thacher proved of most value to Team A, scoring three of the first team's four goals, and handling himself and his stick with marked brilliancy. Team A's fourth tally was made by Percy on a fast rush and a clean pass from Rice.

For Team B, Baldwin and Taylor were noticeably aggressive and brilliant on their feet as well as in stick-work, the former scoring one of Team B's two goals on a clever quick back-hand scoop from a scrimmage in front of Wylde's goal, while Lombard made the second tally.

The teams lined up as follows: TEAM A.  TEAM B. Rice, l.w.  r.w., Taylor, Bliss Baker, l.c.  r.c., Fisher Percy, r.c.  l.c., Baldwin, Lombard Thacher, r.w.  l.w., Morgan Doty, c.p.  c.p., Clark, Gardner J. Morgan, p.  p., Eckfeldt Wylde, g.  g., Abbot