CREWS ROUNDING INTO SHAPE

Two Weeks' Work on Machines and in Tank Marked by Gain in Form.

The second week of practice for the University and Freshman crews ended yesterday afternoon. Coach Haines was in charge of the University and the first two Freshman crews, and these all rowed on the machines and in the tank. No shifts were made, so that the orders of these crews remain the same. The other crews had a work-out on the machines under the supervision of Assistant Coach Brown and Manning. Several shifts have occurred in the lower Freshman crews.

Considerable improvement is being shown in all the boats, although there have been but two weeks of practice. Sickness has handicapped the University crews a little, but even with this they are showing a steadiness and a unity, which is favorable. The rise in temperature yesterday had its effect on the ice in the Charles, and a few consecutive days of such weather should enable the shells to be launched. The crews are very late in getting into the water this year, but since the ice is so thin they ought to be outdoors soon.