DARTMOUTH GAME TONIGHT A REAL TEST FOR SEVEN

CAPTAIN MORGAN TO PLAY

The strong Dartmouth hockey team will face the University seven at the Arena this evening at 8.15 o'clock. The Dartmouth line-up includes four veterans, Captain Murchie, Gale, Tyler and Holmes. Of these Captain Murchie and Holmes have been regulars for three years, and Holmes is considered by some the best collegiate wing in the country. Murchie, with a first-class partner in Gale, is the mainstay of the defense. Holden, the goal tender, has been on probation until recently. He has the benefit of experience in addition to natural ability, and will be a great addition to the defense. Tyler is a forward of more than ordinary ability, his worst fault being a tendency to keep the puck too much to himself. Geran, last year's Freshman captain, is probably the best man on the Green team, and is especially at home on a big surface such as that in the Arena. All in all, Dartmouth has a very fast, experienced seven. The Hanover players have been handicapped by lack of ice since their last game, but have given a good account of themselves in the three days they have been working out at the Arena, and are now in good shape. Dartmouth defeated M. I. T. and the Massachusetts Agricultural College and lost to the Arena team and the B. A. A. during the Christmas vacation, and, distinctly handicapped by the small size of the St. Nicholas Rink, lost to Princeton, 3 to 1.

The University seven had a drill in passing and shooting at the Arena yesterday afternoon, and the work in both of these departments went better than in the early week practices. Baker has shown considerable ability, with his stick, and is first choice for the position at left centre, left vacant by Curtis. Baldwin is also a strong contender for the position, but Baker's superior stick-work has given him the first string honors. Rice has been playing good hockey of late, and will start in the left wing position. With Captain Morgan back in the defense, the University seven will meet Dartmouth in full strength.

The Dartmouth team will remain in Boston until Sunday, when the team will go to Springfield, thence to New Haven for the game against Yale.